Q: How do I find your office?
             My office is located at 6901 s Yosemite st. Suite 203. I am right off of I-25 and Arapahoe. Turning south on Yosemite the building is on the left. It is best to park in the back. The stairs are directly to the right when you enter. Once you reach the top of the stairs my office is on the right. You can see pictures on my website if it’s helpful.

Q: How long will this take?
Length of time in therapy is dependent on several different variables. Meeting your goals can take anywhere from 3 months to a year and occasionally longer. Once you meet your goal you will have the option to meet quarterly, have me call you to see how you are are doing, or call if you need additional assistance.

Q: What is therapy really like?
             I will start by saying there is no shay lounge and a person behind a note pad doodling as is somtimes seen on TV. We will get to know each other and build a safe environment. We will then discuss different types of therapy I am trained in and discuss which is the best fit for you. I  may be an expert in the field but you are the only expert in you, so I encourage open dialoge. We will discuss skills to meet your goals and discuss ways in which you can improve to be the best you. You will leave each session with a take away skill or concept so that you can continue working in between sessions. 

Q: What types of therapy do you use?
              I utilize Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing ( EMDR), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). DBT uses mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and emotion regulation in order to learn ways to manage behaviors we would like to change. EMDR uses eye movement and other bi-lateral stimulation in order to process old memories which are stuck and causing anxiety. I also use an addiction protocol to re-process pleasure responses to addictive behavior in order to make them more manageable. CBT discusses ways to manage thoughts as they come so that they have less control. I add a level of acceptance that the thoughts are present. All of these treatment models are very popular and can be searched on the internet. If you do not understand or have future questions please feel free to ask.

Q: Why would I not want to use insurance?
In order to bill insurance I must give a diagnosis can be considered pre-exisiting conditions in the future. Insurance companies also have the right to audit files. Deciding not to use insurance can add a little more privacy. That being sad, I will work with you with whatever your preference is and I am happy to take insurance.

Q: What if there is something I do not want to talk about?
             You have the choice to share with me whatever you feel comfortable sharing. If you do not feel comfortable you can let me know and we will discuss ways in which you can feel more comfortable or wait to share certain pieces of yourself. I understand that even with my credentials I am still a stranger and it takes time to build trust.

Q: What are your qualifications and what do they mean?
              I am a licensed clinical social worker, which means I received my masters in social work and have at least 2 years of post-graduate experience with supervision. I graduated in 2009 and received my license in social work in 2013. I am also a Licensed Addiction Counselor which means that I took additional classes in addiction specific curriculum and had two years of supervision with addiction specifically. I received my LAC in 2013. You do not have to have an addiction in order to benefit from my therapy style. I apply much of my addiction work to any change you want to make in your life and are struggling with.I am also level 2 trained in EMDR which means that I received all the training necessary to utilize EMDR as a treatment modality.

Q: How can I communicate with you?
              If it is in reference to scheduling feel free to e-mail, call or text. If it is in regard to symptoms or something you are struggling with please call and leave a message. I will return it as soon as possible. If it is more emergent please call the Colorado Crisis Center at 1-844-493-TALK(8255)

Q: What if I have additional questions?
              Please feel free to ask. You may ask questions by phone or email and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I welcome questions.